Homemade Stuffed Braided Bread- It is a popular bread snack recipe. I have used veg stuffing using lots of veggies and corns etc. including yeast. I have shown how to make braided bread using both pan and oven. it is an interesting appetizer or even party starter recipe which would be appreciated by all age groups.
If you don’t have an oven in your house, still you can make this recipe using our pan method. It’s very easy and you can serve this food as snacks at any party. it is simple and easy to make and can be made within minutes yet delivering a mouth-watering evening snack.
And if you’re into this, you’ll also be into these very bread masterpieces:
Stuffed Braided Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp or 25 grams sugar
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
To make dough:
- 2 Tsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 4-5 parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup French beans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Baby corn finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum red, green, yellow
- 2-3 tbsp sweet corn kernels
- 2-3 tbsp paneer/ cottage cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-11/2 tsp soya sauce
- Red chilly sauce as per taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Spring onions finely chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Milk wash
- Butter and parsley leaves
How to make:
To make stuffing:
- Put oil in a pan and heat oil for sometime, once the oil gets heated add garlic, ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and few chopped parsley and saute till onion becomes translucent. It takes around 2-3 minutes.
- Add French beans, carrot, cabbage, baby corns and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium high flame.
- Lastly add capsicum (red, yellow, green), sweet corn kernels, paneer, black pepper, soya sauce, red chilly sauce, salt and mix it well. Do not over cook the veggies, let it be crunchy. Cook till the mixture becomes dry.
- Lastly add spring onions, mix it well
- Veg stuffing is ready. keep aside.
For butter mixture:
- Put butter and chopped parsley leaves in a bowl and mix it well to make paste of it. Make sure butter should be at room temperature.
- Take 1/4 cup hot water in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Add dry yeast, gently stir. Do not stir too much and make sure the water is little hot after adding yeast. Water should not be very hot otherwise proofing will not done properly so maintain the temperature.
- Cover it and keep the yeast in a warm place for 10 minutes or till the mixture becomes frothy.
- Uncover after 10 minutes and you will find the yeast becomes frothy. Keep aside.
To make the dough:
- Take another bowl and put all purpose flour and salt in it. Mix it well.
- Add yeast mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix it well.
- Add water as required to make soft and sticky dough.
- Keep the dough on counter top and knead for 6-7 minutes till the dough becomes soft and smooth and starts leaving the countertop.
- Use scraper or sharp edge knife if the dough is sticking to your hands or counter top while kneading.
- Add oil and knead till mixture absorbs oil.
- Tuck the dough and divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Dust the counter top with some dry flour and take one portion of the dough roll it into oval shape. Roll the dough into ½ inch thickness.
- Cut slits on both the sides looking like fish bones
- Put stuffing in the center from top to bottom.
- Then bring one lace on top of the filling from one side and then bring another from another side and place on top overlapping.
- Continue this process till end.
- Gently put stuffed, braided bread in a greased baking dish and let it proof for 35-40 minutes or till it becomes double. Keep the baking tray in a warm place.
- Repeat the same process to make rest of the braided breads. . Make sure there should be enough space between two braided breads as it gets double after proofing.
- After proofing brush some milk wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
To make stuffed braided bread in Oven:
- Pre-heat the oven on 180 degree for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes put the baking tray in oven and bake the stuffed buns at 200 degree for 15-20 minutes or until upper part get brown.
- In OTG bake it on middle rack by using both the rods on.
- Once baked, take out stuffed braided bread from the oven and brush it with butter mixture, it will make the bread soft and keep it cool down completely for 15 minutes.
To make stuffed braided bread in pan:
- Put salt in a pan and spread it evenly.
- Now put stand inside the pan, cover the lid, and let the pan heated for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Once pan gets heated put the baking tray onto the stand inside the pan.
- Cover the lid and bake it on medium high flame for 15-20 minutes on medium high flame or till it becomes golden brown.
- Once baked uncovered the lid, take out the baking tray from the pan.
Brush with butter mixture.
- Stuffed braided breads are ready to serve.