Healthy Besan Toast- Bread Besan Toast is an extremely quick and delicious breakfast recipe that can be made with ease at home. It can even be made for Evening Snacks and I am sure even kids would love this recipe.
If you are looking for more sandwich or bread recipes then you can surely try veg curd sandwich, mayonnaise sandwich, cheese cream sandwich and if you prefer somthing innovative then must try bread dhokla sandwich
It is an excellent breakfast item. This simple and healthy recipe will surely make your regular bread butter breakfast more interesting. So I made this quick recipe, and it well served the purpose. We had it with some bournvita (for children) and black coffee. And we all loved it.
[sc name=”rate us”]
- 5 slices brown bread
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1-1½ tsp salt
- 1 onion medium sized finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup French beans finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tbsp yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot finely chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin seed
- coriander leaves Freshly chopped
- Oil as required
- Pinch Soda optional
- In a mixing bowl put gram flour, yogurt, salt, finely chopped vegetables ( onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, capsicum, French beans, carrot), all the spices ( coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin seed), freshly chopped coriander leaves, pinch of soda.
- Now add water as required and mix it well to make a medium thick and smooth batter. The batter should not be very thick or thin. Make sure there should not be any lumps in the batter.
- To make besan toast take nonstick pan and heat pan on medium heat, spread little oil all around.
- Once pan gets heated take one slice of brown bread (I have used brown bread you can use white bread also) and spread 2 tbsp of bean mixture onto one side of bread and place the besan mixture side onto the pan and toast it for few minutes from downwards.
- Now spread the mixture on top of the bread and flip it over.
- Now spread little oil all around the edges and let it cook from some time or until bread comes off easily from the pan.
- Once both the sides turn golden brown, take out the besan toast from the pan and repeat the same process to make rest of the besan toast.
- Cut besan toast into half and serve hot with any green chutney or tomato ketchup.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]