Homemade Tutty Fruity Recipe- The Tutty Fruity Cake recipe can be made with few simple ingredients at home. This can be used as a topping in muffins or fruit cakes and is a very good taste enhancer. It can also be used in other recipes as per your choice. You can store this in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for later use.
After the tutty fruity is made, you can keep it under the fan for 2-3 days to get dry completely or can keep it under the sun to speed up the process.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Homemade Tutty Fruity Recipe
- Wash and Peel the skin of raw papaya.
- Now cut papaya into the half, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces or cubes.
- Take 2 cups of water in a deep pan and bring it to boil.
- Now add chopped papaya and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame to make the papaya little soft.
- After 4 minutes, switch off the flame and strain the water.
- Now put sugar and 5 cups of water in a pan and cook till sugar gets completely dissolved.
- Now put semi cooked papaya in sugar water and cook for 10-15 minutes or till papaya becomes soft by stirring occasionally.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the flame and let the papaya soak in sugar syrup till it completely cools down.
- Now add vanilla essence, mix it well.
- Divide cooked papaya pieces into 4 equal parts along with sugar syrup to put various colors.
- Add few drops of red, yellow, orange and green in each part and mix well.
- Let the papaya pieces soak for 12-14 hours to absorb sugar syrup and color.
- Once soaked, Drain off the sugar syrup and put the papaya pieces on wire net placed on top of the plate so that excess syrup will drain out or you can use kitchen towel also.
- Now keep tutty fruity under the fan for 2-3 days to get dry completely or can keep it under the sun to speeds up the process.
- Once tutty fruity gets completely dry it will not be sticky, mix all the colors together.
- Store tutty fruity in an airtight container or refrigerate for later use.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]