How To Make Tomato Ketchup At Home- The thick and tasty Tomato Sauce recipe is made with the goodness of Tomatoes and is used as a condiment with other food items. Tomato ketchup enhances the taste of the other foods that are eaten with it. This recipe is very easy to make at home keeping all the hygiene in mind.
It is a very easy to cook side dish recipe and can be made at a very little time. This tomato sauce is mainly served with samosa, Bread or any kind of snacks. You can store this ketchup for 12 months.
More Chutney and Dips Recipe Raita Recipe – Adrak Mirch ka Raita, Nariyal Ki Chutney for Idly and Dosa – Coconut Recipe, Coriander (Dhaniya) Chutney, Tamarind(imli) ki chutney, etc
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
- Take red tomatoes and roughly chop all the tomatoes.
- Now take muslin cloth and put cloves, cinnamon stick, roughly chopped onion, garlic and ginger, tie a knot and make potli out of it.
- Take a deep pan and put chopped tomatoes, spice potli and cook on medium flame for 10-15 minutes or till the tomatoes become soft by covering the lid. Do stir after 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, keep aside to cool down.
- Before grinding tomatoes take out the potli from the mixture and squeeze to extract all the flavours.
- Now put cooked tomatoes into the jar and grind it to make puree.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer to make smooth puree
- Put tomato puree in a pan, add red chilly powder, salt, sugar, vinegar and cook till sauce becomes thick or 1/3 of its original quantity.
- To check the right thickness of sauce take a teaspoon of sauce on a plate and if the water does not separate it means the sauce is ready and if there is water content then cook it for some more time.
- Keep sauce cool down for some time.
- Take 1 tsp of hot water and dissolve sodium benzoate.
- Lastly add sodium benzoate and mix it well.
- Pour tomato ketchup into sterilized bottle.
See Recipe Video
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★