How To Make Nankhatai Recipe- Nankhatai is an Indian sweet and popular cookie item originating from the Indian subcontinent, popular in India and Pakistan. The word Naan meaning bread and “Khatai” from an Afghan word meaning Biscuit. This cookie can be easily prepared at home. This Indian cookie is loved by kids too and is a popular dish during Diwali time.
Nankhatai, as we all know is a traditional Indian biscuit or cookie. These eggless cookies are crunchy boast with a strong aroma of cardamom. Nankhatai can be made in numerous ways
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
- Put all the dry ingredients all purpose flour, gram flour, semolina/suji, powdered sugar, baking powder, cardamom powder in a bowl and mix it well.
- Now add ghee, mix it well and without kneading bring everything together and form a dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into ball-like shapes and press it gently.
- Now make a small dent in the center and place chopped almonds and pistachios, press slightly.
- Dust the baking tray with all-purpose flour and put nankhatai in a dusted baking tray.
To make nankhatai in a pressure cooker:
- Put salt in a pressure cooker and spread it evenly.
- Now put stand inside the pressure cooker, cover it on medium flame and heat the salt inside the pressure cooker for 8-10 minutes or till it gets heated well.
- Once cooker gets heated, put the baking tray inside the pressure cooker onto the stand and bake for 15 minutes on medium flame or till the cookies gets baked.
- Once baked, take out the baking tray from the pressure cooker and keep nankhatai onto the cooling rack.
- Lift the nankhatai very gently as it is soft enough when hot.
- Once cooled it will get crunchy.
- Nankhatai is ready to serve.
See Recipe Video
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★