Kuttu Ka Chilla Recipe with step-by-step pictures and a recipe video. Kuttu Ka Chila is a Navratri special recipe ideal for those holding a fast. This is an Indian pancake, or dosa made of kuttu ka atta or buckwheat flour, along with grated potatoes and cucumber.
This is a healthy, wholesome comfort food to have with some chutney and stir-fried vegetables or salads on the side. So here goes my Kuttu Ka Chila recipe.
Navaratri is one of the major festivals in India, celebrated all over the nation worshiping nine avatars of Maa Durga. During this period, a half day fasting, upwas or vrat is held, which largely detoxifies and cleanses the body. In the evening, the fast-breaking food there are certain restrictions on non-vegetarian food, alcohol, cereals like rice, wheat, and lentils, as well as table salt.
And not only is it vegetarian, it’s also vegan. So it goes into my vegan breakfast recipes list as well. During Navratri, usually, there are many guests in the house and the women of the house cook for all of them while fasting themselves. This kuttu ka cheela recipe is will need minimum energy and prep work and is simple to make and delicious to taste.
I am using rock salt, as a substitute of normal salt because of the vrat restrictions, if you are having it in general, you may use normal salt.
Buckwheat flour or kuttu is the main ingredient in this recipe. Buckwheat is largely cultivated in Asian countries, from the buckwheat or kuttu seeds, this is not a cereal coming from grains. It’s highly nutritious and packs in proteins, dietary fibers, vitamins, and minerals. A distinct thing about this flour is its gluten-free. So not only is it ideal to eat during fasting but can be an excellent weight loss food as well.
You can follow this step by step recipe of how to make kuttu ka chila at home or can watch my kuttu cheela recipe video online, at my Youtube channel, Mint Recipes.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Kuttu Ka Chila
- 200- gram Kuttu ka Ataa
- 11/2 tsp. Rock salt
- Coriander leaves Freshly chopped
- 1 tsp. Ginger grated
- 2 piece Green chilly finely chopped
- 1 Potato small raw
- 1 Cucumber small
- Grate raw potatoes and keep aside.
- Grate cucumber and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add kuttu ka aata, rock salt, freshly chopped coriander leaves, grated ginger, chopped green chilly, grated potato (potato laccha), grated cucumber, water as needed. Mix it well and make medium thick smooth batter.
- Heat tawa and grease it with little oil. Wipe off the extra oil with tissue paper and make the pan smooth.
- Now spread a spoonful batter and spread it evenly in clockwise to make chilla.
- Drizzle little oil all around and top of the chilla.
- Let it cook for a minute or until it becomes brown from downwards, once cooked flip it over and cook the other side till dark spots appear on the lower surface.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Take out Kuttu ka chilla from the pan and serve hot with any green chutney of your choice.
You can also use regular salt instead of rock salt but if you are making during fast then you have to add rock salt. You can skip green chilly if you don’t want to eat spicily. You can also make it by adding only grated potatoes or grated cucumber. Do not keep grated potatoes for a longer time as it will become dark so I will suggest you to grate it directly into the bowl while making the batter.
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★