Weekend party? Let’s order a Pizza! Treat pending? Pizza would do just fine! But this happiness need not arrive packed in a box when you can create it at home. Yes, that’s right! What’s stopping you then?
You may also like:
Let me guess… Maybe getting a perfect pizza base is the setback. Or, like an ideal mother, you might be a little concerned about using all-purpose flour as health matters! If any of them is impeding you from preparing this Italian dish then let’s introduce you to ‘Suji Pizza’. And, mind it, it’s a veg Pizza for all my vegan friends out there!
A wholesome replacement to the all-purpose flour, it’s a guilt-free Pizza recipe that everyone appreciates, including my kids. Do you know what makes me prepare it more often? The fact that it can be made with semolina, mess-free and requires no oven is why it’s a staple in my home mostly on weekends. Let’s stop the culinary experimentation that you have been doing and learn how to make Suji Pizza at home without oven. Try out this one if you have enjoyed making the all-new Pizza Panipuri, Bread Suji Pizza or an authentic Italian Pizza.
- In a bowl, mix suji, salt and yoghurt together.
- Prepare a slightly thick and smooth batter by gradually adding water to the mixture. Ensure there’s no lump left.
- Cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
Instructions for Toppings:
- Meanwhile sauté chopped veggies(red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, baby corns, sweet corns, onion, capsicum andpaneer) in olive oil on medium-high flame for 2-3 minutes. Add them only when theoil’s hot. Cook in a pan until it’s crunchy.
- Let the sautéed veggiescool down for some time.
- Time to uncover the batterafter 15 minutes! Since suji tends to absorb water, you will notice it tobecome slightly thick. So, add more water to it until it turns out moderatelythick and keep mixing till no lumps are left. Voila! The batter is ready!
- Now heat the pan on mediumflame prior to adding Eno.
- Take the batter and divideinto two equal parts. Into one of the parts, add ½ tsp of Eno/ soda and mix it.Try not to overmix, otherwise, the bubbly effect of Eno shall clear out and youshall lose out on the sponginess of the Pizza base.
- Now spread the batter allover the heated pan.
- Drizzle oil around thebatter and cook the base for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame with the lid on.
- Uncover the lid and checkinside. You will observe that the colour of the side facing upwards has changedafter 2 minutes. At this point, flip the base and cook the other side for 2-3minutes until golden spots surfaces.
- When it does, you will knowyour Suji base is ready. Repeat the technique with another Suji base.
Instructions for Pizza:
- Take a suji base and smear pizza pasta sauce all over it.
- Sprinkle pizza seasoning, black pepper, salt, cooked toppings, green and black olives.
- Grate mozzarella cheese all over it. Then, rest it on a heated pan, put the lid on and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Take out from the pan, garnish it with chilli flakes and pizza seasoning and cut it into slices before serving.
See Recipe Video
- You may use fresh curd if sour curd is unavailable while making the batter.
- You may use butter instead of olive oil while sautéing the veggies.