I first met the choco-lava cake in Dominoes and it was love at first bite! It is a cupcake with an oozing surprise at the center. At that time, I thought a homemade chocolava cake would be downright impossible, now I realize how naive I was. Today, I am not only going to show you a simple chocolava cake recipe that doesn’t require baking, but this one also goes out to all the people who wish to create a treat with no cooking skills as such.
Chocolate is such a leveler. But unfortunately, cocoa powder is not. To make no-bake chocolava cake at home, I have used good quality cocoa, which ensures the richness of the flavor and makes all the difference.
No bake chocolava cake
How To Make No-Bake Chocolava Cake
For Chocolate Sauce
- Evenly mix cocoa powder and caster/powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add water or milk and bring the mixture to a pourable consistency.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto a pan and cook in low-medium flame. Add butter for a silky texture and invigorating flavour. Stir the mixture gently for 3-4mins to make it thicker.
- Add butter for taste and flavour and cook for 3-4 minutes. When you achieve a gooey thickness, the chocolate sauce is ready! Remove it from flame and let it cool in room temperature.
For the muffin:
- Grind the digestive biscuits into a fine powder or dust.
- Transfer the biscuit powder/dust into a deep bowl and add the cooled chocolate sauce to make a soft, smooth and tight dough.
Forming the Moulds
- To make chocolava cake I have taken silicon moulds and muffin tray but you can use any bowl or cup to make chocolava cake.
- Place the silicone moulds inside the muffin tray. Take a generous amount of the chocolate dough and make a ball. Put the ball inside the mould. Now spread the dough in the mould by pressing it with the thumb, so that the dough takes shape of the mould. The layer should be about ½ inch thick. Keep the edges of the dough sticking out of the cup.
- Fill the cup with the prepared chocolate sauce.
- After filling the cup, take a new smaller ball of dough to cover the top of the muffin. Flatten the dough on top of the chocolate sauce, and seal the edges tightly.
- Your homemade chocolava cake is now ready to serve. You can also keep it in the refrigerator for the cake to set nicely.
- Now flip the cup in a serving plate very gently and remove chocolava cake.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar and your No bake Choco lava cake is reday to serve.