Today’s highlight is how to make a cake with leftover bread. When it comes to food, I don’t believe in wasting them. That’s why most of my recipes revolve around leftover foodstuff. Now let’s not stray away from the topic.
Just the other day, I had uninvited guests at home. And, I was clueless on what to serve as a dessert. I was pressed for time. That’s when the idea of making a cake with bread slices crossed my mind. Believe me, it was a breather! This dessert recipe took me only 15 minutes to arrange ingredients and prepare the item.
Do you know what’s the best thing about it? It’s a bread cake recipe without oven/ cooker! Also, if it’s for a vegan someone, you can heave a sigh of relief for it’s an eggless bread cake recipe. You may also give it a healthy twist, by turning it into a brown bread cake recipe. Amazing, isn’t it? We bet it is! Whole Wheat Brownies and Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake are also a healthy treat and if you are in a rush, you may also try 10 minutes Chocolate Cake.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- For garnishing:
- Chocolate flakes
To make sugar syrup:
- Boiling sugar and water together until the former dissolves completely. Keep aside and let it cool down completely.
To make chocolate cream:
- Whipped cream mixed into chocolate ganache shall do the job. Beat them well.
- Now, cut the crusts off the bread and keep it aside.
- Take a slice of bread and let it soak some sugar syrup.
- Generously and uniformly spread chocolate cream all over it and garnish with choco chips.
- Put another slice of bread onto the cream base and soak it with sugar syrup.
- Stack a similar sugar syrup-drenched bread, covered in chocolate cream and choco chips, over the cream base and repeat the process for the rest of the bread slices.
- Once ready, smoothly cover the entire thing with chocolate cream, using a spatula.
- Garnish the entire cake with grated dark chocolate flakes. Use a peeler for this step.
- Cut the bread cake into slices and serve them chilled.