How To Make Whole Wheat Brown Bread At Home- You can prepare this Whole Wheat Brown Bread at home with only a few ingredients that too in a Pressure Cooker. It is easy and quick to make. It is definitely better than the one you buy from the supermarket, low in calories and more hygienic and great in taste.
This brown bread recipe is eggless and made with wheat flour at home without an oven. It is a healthy wholemeal bread recipe that you can serve in Breakfast too. The ingredients are also easily available at home.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Homemade Wheat Bread
- Take ½ cup of water and add powdered sugar, active yeast and mix it well till no lumps and sugar get completely dissolve.
- Now take another bowl and put wheat flour, salt and mix until well combined.
- Now pour the yeast mixture into the bowl of dry mixture and mix it well. Make soft and sticky dough so add water as required. I have used 150 ml of water for kneading.
- Knead the dough by pushing up and bring it down for about 5 minutes.
- Once you see water gets absorbed add 3-4 tsp of oil gradually and knead the dough for 3-4 minutes.
- Now roll the dough to form a log and place the log in a greased loaf tin.
- Now keep the log aside for proofing. It takes around 45 minutes. The dough should rise to double the volume.
- When 10 minutes are left to get complete proofing then keep your pressure cooker ready.
- For that Put 11 /2 cup of salt or sand in a pressure cooker.
- Now put the stand on top and heat the salt on a medium flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Once salt gets heated, place the loaf tin inside the pressure cooker, cover the lid and remove the whistle and bake it for 30-35 minutes on medium-high flame.
- When you find hollow sound while tapping on top then it means the bread gets fully baked.
- Now take out the tin outside the pressure cooker and immediately brush butter on top.
- Let it cool down for some time.
- Scratch the sides take out the loaf from the tin and cool down completely.
- Bread will be very hard when it is hot but gradually it will get soft when cools down.
- Cut the loaf into slices.
- Whole wheat bread is ready to serve.
See Recipe Video