Kesaria Milk Powder Barfi Recipe- Kesaria milk barfi is a popular Indian Sweet and dessert recipe. I made this barfi recipe with Khoya and saffron. This is a very easy sweet item that is made with the help of milk powder and condensed milk. You can prepare this quickly for any occasion and it is really soft to eat.
This dessert recipe is an easy homemade recipe, quick to make and are made with simple and easily available ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Kesaria Milk Barfi Recipe
- 2 cups Milk Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Ghee
- 8-10 pieces Almonds cut into slivers
- Few Pistachios cut into slivers
- Pinch yellow food colour
- saffron Few strands of
- Take a deep bowl and put milk powder, milk and mix it well till no lumps.
- Milk powder paste is ready. Keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of lukewarm milk and soak few strands of saffron. This way you will get nice flavour and colour. Keep aside.
- Put yellow colour in a small bowl and mix it well by adding little water. You can also add colour with saffron milk.
- Take a non-stick pan, put ghee and melt it on low flame.
- Once ghee melts add the paste of milk powder and stir it well. I have made the paste but you can also add milk and milk powder directly into the ghee.
- Mix the paste well with ghee on low flame. Stir continuously otherwise paste may get burned.
- Keep on stirring continuously on low flame till the mixture becomes thick.
- After 2-3 minutes you will see the paste has absorbed all the ghee and it looks just like khoya.
- After few minutes add condensed milk, mix it well and cook on medium flame. You can also add sugar instead of condensed milk.
- Add soaked saffron milk and water of food colour, mix it well.
- Add chopped almonds and pistachios, mix it well and cook till the mixture becomes semi thick.
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, switch off the flame and check the right consistency of the mixture.
- To check the right consistency put a small portion of the mixture in a plate and roll it. If it becomes like a ball it means the mixture is ready.
- Take a plate or tray or any baking dish to set barfi.
- Grease the dish with little ghee to make it non-sticky.
- Transfer milk powder mixture in a greased baking tray, press it gently and spread uniformly with the help of a spatula.
- Garnish it with some chopped pistachios, almonds and saffron.
- Press it gently with a spatula so that nuts get to stick with the mixture.
- Leave it to cool down for some time.
- Grease the sharp knife with some ghee to make it non-sticky
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Milk powder barfi is ready.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]