Cornflakes Chaat Recipe – an evening Indian recipe.
This chaat recipe is my second Indian chaat recipe after aloo chaat recipe. Just like aloo chaat, this recipe is also very easy to make. This recipe is very attractive to serve during parties or any other ocassion.
I have used conflakes, curd or dahi, red chana and many other vegies and ingredients to make this chaat. I love this chaat.
My aunt at Gorakhpur used to make this chaat at home regularly. She was making it a bit differently but i have added my own touch to it.
Other breakfast and snacks recipes you may like:
- Suji Kachori
- vegetable Poha Cutlet
- Bread Uttapam
- Bread Idli
- Macaroni Cheese Balls
- Veg paneer cheesy bites
- Bread Dhokla Sandwich
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups of thick yogurt/hung curd
- 1 cup finely chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 2-3 medium sized boiled and cutted potatoes
- 1 medium sized chopped tomato
- ½ cup boiled red chana
- 2 tsp Mix masala/ raita masala ((cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, black salt)
- ¾ tsp black salt
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Tamarind chutney or as needed
- Coriander chutney as needed
- ¼ Cup Pomegranate
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Sev as required
- Put thick yogurt in a deep bowl. Add black salt, salt to taste, cumin powder, raita/mixed masala and whisk it well until curd becomes smooth and creamy.
- Take another deep bowl and put chopped and unpeeled cucumber, chopped tomatoes, chopped potatoes and ½ of the curd mixture. Mix it until well combined.
- Now place the veggies mixture in a serving tray and spread it evenly all around.
- At the time of serving, sprinkle cornflakes on the spread mixture.
- Now pour the remaining yogurt mixture, tamarind chutney, coriander chutney, sprinkle some red chana (I forgot to mix chana with vegetable mixture so I have sprinkle it from top).
- Lastly garnish it with some pomegranate seeds, sprinkle some raita masala and finally end it with freshly chopped coriander leaves and sev.
- Cornflakes chaat is ready to serve.