Eggless Donuts Recipe- Are you craving something sweet but at the same time something which is very easy to make? Then your wait is over. Today I have prepared Eggless Donuts and they are very quick to make. You only require a few basic ingredients. They are a very popular dessert recipe in western countries but gradually it’s getting popular in India also. I am sure your kids are going to love this. You can follow my step by step guide and prepare this at home.
I have made many other cake recipes in a pressure cooker as well like eggless rava cake, vanilla Cake, chocolate cake, tutty fruity cake, spongy biscuit cake , No Bake Oreo Ice-cream Cupcake, Eggless Zebra Cake
Eggless Donuts Recipe
How to make Donuts:
- Take ¼ cup lukewarm water in a small bowl.
- Mix 2 tbsp powdered sugar with water.
- Now add 1 tbsp active dry yeast in the sugar water and mix it gently.
- Cover it and leave it in a warm place for 10 minutes or till the mixture becomes frothy.
- Take another and put all-purpose flour in it.
- Once the yeast becomes frothy, pour in the yeast mixture into the bowl of flour and mix it well and make a soft and sticky dough by adding the required water.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 3-4 tsp oil and knead it again for 2 minutes.
- Tuck the dough and put the dough in a container and grease the top with oil.
- Cover with cling wrap or plate and leave it for 45 minutes or till double the volume for first proofing.
- After 45 minutes punch the dough and grease your palms with some oil and knead for few seconds.
- Now dust the countertop with some dry flour and roll the dough into 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out circles with the help of a katori or cookie cutter.
- For the center, I have used nozzles to cut the holes.
- Now place the cut donuts on a lightly greased plate and keep it for 10-15 minutes for second proofing/rising.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough.
- While the donuts rise, heat oil in a pan on a medium-high flame, once the oil becomes hot place gently one by one donut into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan, fry 2-3 donuts at a time or it depends upon the size of the pan also.
- Fry donuts till it becomes golden brown from both the sides by stirring occasionally. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to get fully cooked.
- Once done, take out on the paper towel so that excess oil gets absorbed and let them cool slightly before glazing.
- Melt dark and white chocolate compound in separate bowls.
- Now dip the donuts with melted chocolates and turn the icing side up.
- Garnish it with some sprinklers and keep it on the cooling rack to catch the drips.
- Donuts are ready to serve.