How To Make Bourbon Biscuit At Home- The Bourbon biscuit was first made in London. The name was taken from the European royal House of Bourbon. A survey found that the Bourbon biscuit was the fifth most popular biscuit in the UK to dunk into tea. It was created by Patrick Turner.
The main ingredients of this biscuit are Dark chocolate-flavored biscuits, chocolate buttercream etc. This is definitely a childhood favorite of all!
I have a never-ending love for Chocolates, if you are also a Chocolate lover then I have more tasty recipes for you waiting in line – No Bake Oreo Chocolate Balls, Chocolate Biscuit Balls Recipe, Make Chocolates At Home, Chocolate Swiss Rolls etc.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Bourbon Biscuit Recipe
To make dough:
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla essence in a bowl and beat till it becomes light and fluffy. Make sure butter should be at room temperature.
- Now add cocoa powder, all-purpose flour and make a dough by using hands. This time dough is soft because of adding butter to cover the chocolate dough and keep it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to get hard.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare buttercream frosting
- Beat butter till it becomes light and fluffy
- Now gradually add icing sugar and beat it well until it becomes smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and beat it well.
- Now add Amul fresh cream and white melted chocolate for better taste. You can skip this step and can make only buttercream frosting by adding cocoa powder.
- Beat it well again.
- If buttercream frosting becomes runny after adding chocolate then keep it in the fridge to set.
- Chocolate buttercream frosting is ready.
- Take out the chocolate dough from the fridge, dust the workstation with some flour and roll out the dough into ¼ inch thickness.
- To get the large square shape cut off the edges and removed it.
- Cut the large square shape into strips just like bourbon biscuits.
- Now arrange all the biscuits in a greased baking tray, prick it with toothpick and sprinkle some granulated sugar on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Once done take out gently onto the cooling rack and let it cool down completely before adding frosting.
- Fill the buttercream frosting in a piping bag and pipe out on one side of the biscuit, top with another biscuit and put it in the fridge for few minutes to get set.
- Bourbon biscuits are ready to serve.
[sc name=”End Action”]