How To Make Suji Ka Paratha- Sooji Paratha is also known as Rava paratha and can be served for breakfast. It is a healthy and tasty semolina flatbread recipe that is filled with so many nutrients. You can prepare this recipe with semolina (suji) and wheat flour with some masalas or spices. You can add some butter at the top of the paratha for taste enhancing.
This recipe can be served with curd or pickle of your choice. It is an ideal meal for breakfast or some healthy evening snacks. It is really healthy so even kids can have this as they would find it really delicious.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Sooji Paratha - Breakfast Recipe
- In a mixing bowl add semolina/suji, wheat flour, green chilly, carom seeds, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, onion chopped, red chilly powder, salt, oil and mix it well.
- Now add water and make the soft and smooth dough just like roti dough.
- Lastly, add 1 tsp oil and knead it again to make it smooth.
- Cover and leave the dough aside for 15 minutes and if you don’t have the time they can start rolling instantly.
- After 15 minutes divide the dough into equal portions, make medium size balls out of it and flatten it slightly.
- Coat the balls with some dry flour to avoid sticking and roll them into 3-4 inch circle.
- Apply oil all around, bring the edges together and seal it tightly.
- Again coat with some dry flour and roll out into a circle of 6 -7-inch diameter just like roti or chapati.
- Repeat the same process to roll rest of the dough.
- Heat pan on medium flame and when the pan is hot enough place the rolled suji paratha onto the pan and let the paratha cook for sometime.
- When the upper surface of the paratha starts changing its color, flip it, spread a tsp. of oil/butter and allow to cook for a minute until the bottom part turns golden brown.
- After few seconds flip the paratha, apply oil and cook from both sides till brown spots appear.
- Once cooked take out from the pan and make all the suji paratha in the same way.
- Suji paratha is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with yogurt, pickles or chutney of your choice.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]