Easy Malpua Recipe At Home- Malpua is a traditional Indian pancake dessert recipe that is very popularly made during festivals like Diwali, Navratri, etc. It is a Rajasthani specialty that is garnished with chopped dry fruits on the top and is loaded with sweetness. They can be also served with rabdi. You can prepare this recipe with mawa or khoya. It is very tasty and can be made easily at home.
I love sweets and desserts so can’t resist myself to offer you some like Chocolate barfi, Gulab Jamun, malai kulfi, bread rasmalai, Kalakand Recipe, Parval Pak, Instant Crispy Jalebi and many more dessert recipes.
To make malpua all you need some very basic ingredients that are easily available. They will cost you really less if you prepare these at home instead of buying malpua from sweet shops. It is high in calories, but you can use Sugar-Free if you wish.
Easy Malpua Recipe At Home | Sweets & Desserts
- 60 grams Mawa
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tsp curd
- 1/4 cup paneer or chena ( grated)
- pinch of Yellow food color
- Water as required
- dry fruits for garnishing (chopped)
To make sugar syrup
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a mixing bowl add milk and grated mawa (always grate mawa before using to avoid lumps).
- Take a wired whisk and start whisking milk mawa mixture till the cream separated from the mixture. It takes approx 3-4 minutes.
- Excess cream will start floating on top of the milk or will get a stick on sides of the bowl.
- Take out excess cream with the help of a spoon and keep aside. Do not discard use this cream while making any sabji.
- Now add flour, curd, grated paneer, a pinch of yellow food color in the milk mawa mixture and mix it well till no lumps. Add water as required and make a slightly thin batter.
To make sugar syrup:
- Put sugar and water in a pan and bring it to boil. Cook for 10 minutes or till sugar syrup becomes slightly thick.
To make Malpua:
- Heat ghee/ oil in a pan, once the oil becomes hot pour a small ladle full of batter(approx 2 tbsp) in the hot ghee/oil. (The ghee /oil should not be too hot).
- Keep the flame on low and fry malpua from both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- Once fried immediately soak in sugar syrup for 2 minutes and take out on a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits and serve hot.
See Recipe Video