How To Make Dum Rice- Dum rice is a very popular recipe and is very flavourful and spicy to eat. I am really excited to share this recipe so that you all can enjoy a home-made vegetarian dish. This is something, which I cook at home for house parties and it is loved by all.
Dum rice is simply basmati rice tempered with aromatic whole spices and herbs in ghee or refined oil to create a light spicy rice dish. To prepare this recipe it takes few more minutes than you need the rice to cook.
- 4 pieces black peppercorns
- 1 pieces bay leaf
- 2 piece star anise
- 2 pieces cloves
- 2 pieces cardamom
- Heat oil and Ghee in a pan and when it becomes hot add whole spices (green cardamoms, bay leaf, star anise, cloves, black peppercorns), saute for few seconds.
- Now add onions and fry on medium-high flame till it becomes brown in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, sugar and mix it well.
- Add washed rice and mix it well.
- Add salt and yogurt and mix it well
- Add water and milk, mix it well.
- Cover the lid and let the rice cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- After few minutes uncover the lid, add little ghee for better taste and cover the lid again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After a few minutes uncover the lid and Dum rice is ready.
- Dum rice is ready to serve.