This Red velvet cutlet recipe is a very easy Indian Breakfast recipe and snacks recipe. You can serve this on parties and small gatherings. I mainly used potatoes, beet root and lots of veggies for this Indian Cutlet recipe.
I have used some ingredients such as beet root, mashed potatoes, capsicum and lots of other veggies. Beet root is the reason for which this cutlet has red look inside.
It’s very tasty and yummy you can serve this in parties and also for kids. This is very easy and without any hastle. I simply love this cutlets.
Other breakfast and snacks recipes you may like:
Red Velvet Cutlet Recipe in Hindi Video
How to make red velvet cutlet recipe
- 400 grams beet root
- 4 medium sized boiled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped capsicum
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- ⅓ cup finely chopped French beans
- ½ cup boiled green peas
- Salt to taste
- ¾ tsp Red chilly powder
- ¾ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp cornflour
- 1tsp ghee/oil
- For coating:
- 2 Tbsp All purpose flour
- Bread crumbs as needed
- Oil for frying
- Wash and peel the skin of beet root and grate it.
- Boil water in a deep pan, once the water starts boiling add chopped beans, carrot, capsicum, frozen peas, mix it well and boil for 3-4 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Meanwhile peel off the skin of beet root and grate it.
- Drain off to a colander, set aside and let it cool down completely. Do not discard water, put the same water in a deep pan add ¼ tsp of salt and grated beet root and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain off the beet root to a colander, set aside and let it cool down completely.
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and add boiled veggies (capsicum, peas, carrot, French beans), mashed potatoes, boiled beet root and mix it well.
- Add all the spices red chilly powder, garam masala, black pepper powder, salt to taste,lemon juice, feshly chopped coriander leaves. Mix it until well combined and sauté it on medium low flame till all the water gets evaporated and the mixture becomes dry.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down completely.
- Transfer the beet root mixture in a bowl and add cornflour. Mix it well
- Put all purpose flour/maida in a bowl add salt and red chilly powder and make thin paste with water., Mix it well till no lumps.
- Take a generous portion of beet root mixture and shape each into a cutlet or give desired shape of your choice. I have given a shape like tikki. Prepare rest of the cutlets in the same way.
- Dip each cutlet one by one with flour paste and then coat with bread crumbs all around the cutlet. Prepare rest of the red velvet cutlets in the same way.
- Keep it in a refrigerator for 30 minutes to make the mixture firm but if you do not have much time fry it instantly. I am going to keep it in a refrigerator and then fry it.
- Heat oil in deep pan on medium high heat, once the oil becomes hot drop the cutlets slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them. Fry cutlets in batches, do not overcrowd the pan
- Fry the red velvet cutlets until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This would take about 3-4 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel or an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with any green chutney or tomato ketchup.
I have used cornflour for binding the cutlets but you can also add bread crumbs.