Suji Tacos Recipe- Suji Tacos is a popular Indian breakfast and snacks recipe that is prepared with semolina. It is a very healthy choice of food and has a lot of goodness of veggies. You can also put the vegetable of your choice and try it.
This easy suji snacks recipe is very tasty. It can be made instantly for breakfast or a kid’s lunch box. It can be made in 10 mins and is a quick recipe for instant breakfast. It can be prepared with minimum energy and prep work and it is simple yet delicious.
Suji Tacos | Rava Recipe | Breakfast Recipes
To make the batter:
- 1 cup suji
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- coriander leaves chopped
- 3 medium sized potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower finely chopped
- 1/2 cup french beans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions
- 1/4 cup green peas boiled
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp sambhar masala
- 1/4 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- coriander leaves
- tomato sauce as required
- cheese grated, as required
- onion rings as required
- Put Suji in a grinder and grind to make powder.
- Transfer the grounded Suji in a mixing bowl and add salt, yogurt, coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Now add water and make a medium thick batter. Leave the batter rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile let’s prepare the stuffing.
- Put oil in a pan and make it hot. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- Add a few curry leaves and mix it well.
- Add all the veggies (cauliflower, beans, carrot) and sauté for few minutes or 2-3 minutes till it becomes little soft. Add vegetables as per your taste.
- Once vegetables get slightly cooked add spring onion and all the spices ( garam masala, sambhar masala, red chilly powder, mango powder, salt ). Cook for a minute.
- Lastly, add boiled peas, boiled and mashed potatoes and mix it well until all the spices get well combined.
- Stuffing is ready.
- After 15 minutes uncover the batter and you will find Suji mixture has become thick as Suji absorbs water so add water to make a medium-thick batter.
- To make Suji pancakes grease the pan with oil and let the pan gets little hot.
- Spread 2-3 tbsp of Suji batter in a circular motion and let it cook from downwards on medium flame.
- Once cooked from downwards, flip it over and cook from another side too for 2 minutes or till brown spots appear.
- Make soft Suji pancakes and take out from the pan.
- Make all the pancakes in the same way.
To make Suji tacos
- Take one Suji pancake, spread tomato sauce or green chutney at one side or one half of the pancake
- Place 2-3 tbsp of prepared stuffing over the sauce.
- Place some onion rings and spread some grated cheese over the onion rings. Cover the stuffing with the other half and press gently to make Suji tacos.
- Suji tacos are ready to serve.
See Recipe Video