Crispy Cheese Garlic Kulcha- Cheese Garlic Kulcha is a very popular Indian flatbread that is loved by almost every Indian and is a must ordered dish in restaurants. These are soft and crispy and are filled with melted cheese.
Try this amazing kulcha at home, it is really easy to prepare. You can roast it more until it’s golden-brown according to your preferences. You can eat with vegetables of your choice.
If you love gravy sabzi recipes then you will surely love these recipes: Palak Paneer kofta, Kadhai paneer, methi matar malai, gatte ki sabzi or paneer makhni, Paneer capsicum dry, Palak paneer, Paneer Butter Masala, etc.
Cheese Garlic Masala Kulcha
- 4 cubes Amul cheese grated
- garlic paste
- 1/8 tsp ginger paste
- 1/8 tsp green chili paste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
For butter mix:
- 2 tbsp butter
- garlic chopped
- coriander leaves
- Put the all-purpose flour, curd, baking powder, soda in a bowl and mix it well.
- Add more yogurt as required and make a medium soft dough. The dough should neither be soft nor hard.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for an hour in a warm place for fermentation. Meanwhile, let’s prepare the stuffing.
- In a bowl add grated cheese, garlic paste, ginger paste, chilly paste, coriander leaves, few drops of lemon juice and mix it well. Cheese garlic stuffing is ready.
For butter mix:
- Put butter, coriander leaves, garlic in a bowl and mix it well to make smooth creamy mixture. Make sure butter should be at room temperature.
To make cheese garlic Kulcha:
- After an hour uncover the dough and knead the dough to make it soft.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal balls.
- Dust the countertop with some dry flour and start rolling into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle just like poori.
- Put cheese mixture in the center start pleating and seal the edges tightly so that stuffing does not come out while rolling.
- Roll the roti, do not roll very thin, roll it thick.
- Roll all the kulcha in the same way.
- Heat tawa on medium flame once tawa is hot, grease tawa with little oil so that kulcha will come out easily.
- Take one rolled cheese garlic kulcha, apply water on one side of kulcha and place the water brushed side onto the upper surface of tawa.
- Let the kulcha roast for a minute on medium flame.
- When the Kulcha starts changing its colour keep the flame on medium, turn the tawa upside down over the flame and cook the other side of kulcha for few seconds till you see the golden brown spots.
- Once cooked, remove cheese garlic kulcha from the tawa and apply butter mix all over the kulcha.
- Make all Cheese Garlic Kulcha in the same way.
- Cheese garlic Kulcha is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any Indian curry.