Vegetable fried rice is an Indo Chinese recipe. Learn how to cook it in the easiest way. To make fried rice I have used medium size grains you can make it by using basmati rice which will enhance your taste. You can also use Schezwan or sausages as per your choice. Most chefs prepare them in their own way. You can make this veg fried rice from freshly cooked rice or leftover rice. Beside the regular vegetables like carrots, beans, cabbage used in the fried rice you can add the vegetables of your choice.
How to make Veg Fried Rice:
- Wash and soak rice for 15-20 mins.
- Boil water in a pan. Put the rice in boiling water and cook uncovered on low heat until the rice becomes firm but tender. Do not overcook the rice otherwise the rice grains will get break and mushy. Each grain of rice should be separate.
- When rice is done sieve it and make it cool completely. Do not add hot rice otherwise the rice grains will get break and mushy.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add garlic and green chilli saute for some seconds.
- Now stir fry all the chopped vegetables on medium flame. Keep on stirring so that the vegetables are uniformly cooked and do not get burnt.
- Take care that vegetables are not overdone; they should be crisp and crunchy.
- Mix salt to taste.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Mix soya sauce, black pepper and stir fry for 2-3 minutes till the sauce coated with the fried rice well.
- Serve the veg fried rice hot plain or with indo Chinese vegetable recipe.
- Serve hot with chilly sauce or tomato sauce.
Vegetable recipes you may like:
- Kadai Paneer
- Paneer Capsicum Masala
- Palak Paneer
- Homemade Paneer
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Veg Palak Paneer
- Gatte ki sabzi