Eggless Bread Custard Pudding Cake- Here comes of the easiest and hassle-free recipe that is very tasty and requires only 3-4 ingredients which are easily available as well. This is a brilliant combination of bread and custard powder.
I have made many other cake recipes in a pressure cooker as well like eggless rava cake, vanilla Cake, chocolate cake, tutty fruity cake, spongy biscuit cake , No Bake Oreo Ice-cream Cupcake, Eggless Zebra Cake
This is a very good vegetarian eggless pudding cake option and you can prepare this for some party or occasion as well to serve your guests.
Eggless Bread Custard Pudding Cake
- 5-6 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup custard powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Trim the edges of white bread and break into small pieces.
- Put bread pieces into the jar and grind it to make bread crumbs. Keep aside.
- For caramel put sugar in a pan and melt the sugar on medium flame. Keep on stirring continuously till sugar melts and gets brown in color.
- Once caramelized, immediately switch off the flame and transfer the mixture in a baking bowl in which we have to steam the bread cake.
- Spread it evenly onto the base of the baking tin and keep aside.
- To make bread custard mixture put milk, sugar in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Put custard powder in a bowl and add 2-3 tbsp of milk and mix it well to avoid lumps.
- Once the milk starts boiling put custard mixture in a pan and mix it well. Keep on stirring continuously as the mixture becomes thick once custard powder is added.
- Stir for a minute and switch of the flame.
- Lastly, gradually add bread crumbs and mix it well to make a thick batter.
- Pour bread custard mixture into the bowl of caramel and spread it evenly.
- To steam bread custard pudding cake take 5 litre pressure cooker and pour a glass of water inside the pressure cooker, put one stand and let the water boil on medium flame.
- Once the water starts boiling keep the flame on low and put the baking tin inside the pressure cooker onto stand.
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker, remove the whistle and let the cake steam for 35-40 minutes on low flame.
- Keep on checking in between and if the water evaporates add some more water as required.
- After 40 minutes uncovered the lid and you will see the top part of the cake is not sticking to your fingers while touching it means the cake is done.
- Take out the tin from the pressure cooker and immediately unmould onto the serving plate.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Eggless bread custard pudding cake is ready.
See Recipe Video