I have a new addition to my Forest Cake ensemble, the White Forest Cake recipe made with white chocolate instead of dark chocolate. And this is also the first white chocolate cake recipe I have posted so far.
I have made the authentic Black Forest Cake and also the Pressure Cooker Black Forest Cake with dark chocolate only.
I have made many other cake recipes as well like eggless rava cake, vanilla Cake, chocolate cake, tutty fruity cake, spongy biscuit cake , No Bake Oreo Ice-cream Cupcake, Eggless Zebra Cake, Fruit Jelly Cake Dessert, Eggless Chocolate Brownie, Coffee Chocolate Ice-Cream Recipe At Home
The white forest cake is much like the Yin Yang principle – if there is a black there’s got to be white! Nonetheless, the white version has also been equally popular as the black one. This cake is largely cited as a romantic dessert, but for the most part, my work, especially on the confectionery section, is more about kids’ delight recipes, Whatever it is for you, let’s get started with the homemade white forest cake recipe.
White Forest Cake
To make batter:
- 3/4 cup +2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup+1/8 cup sugar powdered
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 40 grams butter melted
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Vinegar/ lemon juice
To make sugar syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Red cherries (fresh or canned) few chopped and reserve some for decoration
- White chocolate flakes
For Pressure Cooker Baking:
- 2 cups Salt or Sand
- 1 Baking stand that fits under the Pressure Cooker
How to make White forest cake:
- To preheat the Pressure Cooker - in the pressure cooker pour 2cups of salt/sand and scatter it evenly at the bottom.
- Place the cake stand on the sand
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker (don’t clamp) and let it heat for 8-10 minutes on medium flame.
- For the Batter - First sieve all the dry ingredients, flour + caster sugar + baking powder + baking soda. And mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk with the vanilla essence.
- Now add the vanilla-flavoured milk into the dry mixture and whisk in circular motions so that no lumps are formed. Whisk until you get a proper batter.
- Now add the melted butter and oil into the mixture and whisk with a spatula by cut-and-fold technique until the mixture absorbs all the oil.
- Once the batter is perfectly silky smooth, finally add the vinegar and mix well.
- The cake batter is ready!
- Now grease the entire cake-tin/mould with sufficient oil/butter so that the cake doesn’t stick. Then add a spoonful of flour and dust the cake tin with a fine layer of flour and dust off the excess.
- In the greased and flour-dusted cake mould now pour over the entire batter and tap the mould against the surface so that the batter sets in evenly.
- Now the difficult part - you have to fit the mould inside the preheated Pressure Cooker and place it properly on top of the baking stand. Be careful not to tilt the mould too much while placing it under the pressure cooker or your cake will have a tilted base.
- Once the cake tin is placed neatly inside the pressure cooker, then clamp the lid and remove the whistle. Leave it to bake for approx. 35-40 minutes on medium flame.
- Check back in 30minutes, and do the “toothpick cake test” to see if the cake is fully done.
- Once properly baked, carefully take the cake tin out of the pressure cooker and let it cool for some time.
- Once cool, then use a knife to gently run around the sides of the cake to loosen it from the tin, and take the cake out on a plate. You now have the basic Vanilla Sponge Cake! Let it cool down completely before adding the frost.
How To Make Sugar Syrup
- Add the sugar and water in a saucepan and boil until you get a syrupy consistency.
- Once the water starts to thicken, stir constantly so that the syrup does not stick to the pan
- Once you get desired consistency, switch off the flame. Sugar syrup is ready.
How To Make White Forest Cake Frosting
- Take out all the heavy cream in a mixing bowl
- Whip the cream until it stiffens
Putting Together The White Forest Cake Frosting On Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Cut the Vanilla Sponge Cake into 3 slices in equal thickness - this will form the layers of the cake. Use a serrated knife for the neatest cut.
- Now spread sugar syrup all over the cake slices using a spoon or brush.
- Give some time for the syrup to get soaked into the cake. This will make your cake softer and moister.
- Now place cake slice #1 on a rotating base, and add a generous dollop of the whipped cream over it and spread evenly by rotating the base. I recommend using a pallet knife, you can also do it with a piping nozzle.
- Sprinkle the chopped cherries over the cream layer.
- Now place cake slice #2 over the whipped cream layer and repeat the same process of spreading whipped cream and sprinkling chopped cherries on top.
- Clear the accumulated whipped cream from the sides of the cake and finally add cake slice #3. Cake layering is done.
- Now cover the top and sides of the cake generously with more whipped cream.
- Use a palette knife to smoothen the top and a cake scraper to even the sides. The neater the better.
- Pour some whipped cream in a piping bag and create neat swirls on top of the cake.
- Then cover the entire cake with white chocolate flakes. Be generous.
- Now decorate with cherries on top of each swirl.
- Keep the finished cake in the refrigerator for the whole thing to set nicely.
- Finally, cut and serve. Remember, each piece deserves a cherry on top!
Leave a Reply