Fruit Jelly Cake Dessert Recipe with step-by-step guide and instructions- This jelly cake is a yummy mix of fresh fruits that are totally healthy and tasty. The freshness of the fruits makes the cake even more attractive and mouthwatering. This Fruit Jelly Cake is made up of three layers- The Fruit Layer, Coconut Milk Layer, and the Orange Layer.
In the Fruit Layer, you can chop any fruits you like. I have chopped Kiwi, Mango, Pineapple, and Pomegranate. You can use any variety of fruit you like and that is available to you.
In the Coconut Milk Layer, it is made with coconut cream and tastes really nutty. Then comes the Orange Layer finally where we put the orange crush.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Fruit Jelly Cake
- 1 cup water
- 11/2 tsp agar agar powder
- 3/4 cup canned pineapple juice optional
- 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar or add as per sweetness
- 2 cups of chopped fruits Kiwi, mango, pineapple, pomegranate
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp agar agar powder
- 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup orange crush
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp agar agar powder
- 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
To make fruit layer:
- Put 1 cup of water, 3/4 cup canned pineapple juice (Use any flavour like coconut water or litchi flavour instead of pineapple juice), 11/2 tsp agar agar powder in a sauce pan and mix it well till no lumps.
- Now turn on the flame and cook on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till agar agar powder gets completely dissolve, keep on stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Once dissolve and starts boiling remove from the heat and immediately pour into the mould.
- First add ½ of the pineapple water into the mould and add all the chopped fruits, kiwi, mangoes, pineapple, pomegranate.
- Once added all the fruits pour rest of the juice gently over the fruits.
- Make sure there should not be bubbles.
- Let the mixture set for sometime to make the top firm. As it’s cool down it will get set so it takes around 10-15 minutes to get firm.
- Once the fruit layer is set or firm enough make the coconut milk layer.
- (Your bottom layer should be firm before making another layer so to check this gently touch with finger before making another layer. There should not be any problem if it is soft from inside).
Coconut milk layer:
- Add coconut milk, water, agar agar powder in a saucepan in a pan, mix it well till no lumps.
- Put it on flame and cook for 1-2 minutes till agar agar powder gets completely dissolve.
- Now add 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar or add as per your taste and bring it to boil.
- Once cooked, switch off the flame and pour the hot coconut liquid gently in the same mould onto pineapple layer and leave it to set for 15-20 minutes. Once set then start making the third layer.
- Put orange crush, ¼ cup water, 1 tbsp agar agar powder, 2-3 tbsp sugar in a sauce pan, mix it well and cook for 2 minutes or till agar agar powder gets completely dissolve.
- Switch off the flame and immediately pour hot orange liquid gently onto the layer of coconut and refrigerate it for few minutes until it gets firm and cold.
- To get the Jelly cake out of the mould is little tricky so for that insert toothpick on all sides of the cake so that there should be little space all around the edges and then flip the mould onto the serving plate and the cake will come out easily.
- Fruit jelly cake is ready, cut into slices and serve.
See Recipe Video
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★