Italian Soft Breadsticks- These soft and delicious breadsticks are one of the most delightful Italian recipes that we can prepare at home with ease. These can be a great option for Evening snacks and you can have them with some dip or also with a soup as a side dish.
Try these breadsticks at home and let me know your experience while making them. Your kids would definitely love them.
Bread Stick | Easy Tea Time Snacks Recipe
For Yeast Proofing:
- 1/8 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
For Yeast Proofing Method
Take 1/8 cup lukewarm water in a bowl.
Mix 1 tbsp sugar. I have used powdered sugar you can use granulated also but make
sure it gets dissolved completely.
Sprinkle 1 tbsp dry yeast in the water and mix gently.
Cover and leave it in a warm place for 10 minutes or till the mixture is frothy.
In a mixing bowl add flour, salt, oil and mix it well
Add yeast water and mix it well.
Now add water as required and knead to make soft dough.
- Transfer the dough on counter top and knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes or till it become soft and smooth.
- Spread some dry flour on counter top and roll the dough into ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut the rolled dough into 1 cm strips and roll each strip with your fingers into 6-7 inch log shape.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and transfer each log in a baking tray. Make sure there should be little gap between two bread stick as it rise up a bit while proofing.
- Now keep bread sticks for 35-40 minutes in a warm place for proofing.
- After 40 minutes brush them with milk wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degree for 25-30 minutes or till it become light golden and crisp.
- Once done take out from the oven and cool down completely.
- Bread sticks are ready.
See Recipe Video