Easy Tandoori Roti Recipe- Tandoori Roti is an Indian flat-bread recipe made with wheat flour. It is served in restaurants with various sabzis like Dal Makhani, Paneer Makhni, Paneer Butter Masala, etc. It is loved by almost everyone and is a must ordered item in restraunts. I have made this in Pressure Cooker.
You may like Cheese Corn Paratha, Laccha Paratha, Moongdal Ka Paratha, Roti or phulka, Bengali Luchi, Aloo Ka Paratha, etc.
Try this at home as it is really easy to make and you can eat this with any vegetables of your choice.
If you love gravy sabzi recipes then you will surely love these recipes: Palak Paneer kofta, Kadhai paneer, methi matar malai, gatte ki sabzi or paneer makhni, Paneer capsicum dry, Palak paneer, etc.
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Onion seeds/Kalonji as required
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves as required
- Butter as required
How to make:
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt and mix it well.
- Add water as required and knead soft and smooth dough just like we knead it for chapatti.
- Cover the dough and Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes uncover and divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll it in your palms and flatten it.
- Take one portion of the dough, dust with flour and roll into small circle.
- Spread some chopped coriander leaves, onion seeds and roll it again with the help of roller.
- Press it gently with the roller so that coriander leaves and onion seeds get stick to the rolled roti.
- Heat pressure cooker on medium flame, uncover and remove the whistle.
- Once the cooker gets heated, keep it upside down and grease the upper surface with oil so that after making tandoori roti it will not stick and come out easily.
- Take one rolled roti, apply water on the plain side of roti and place the water brushed side onto the upper surface of cooker.
- Let the roti roast for a minute on medium flame.
- When the roti starts changing its colour keep the flame on medium, turn the pressure cooker over the flame and cook the other side of roti for few seconds till you see the golden brown spots.
- Now remove tandoori roti from the pressure cooker and apply butter all over the roti.
- Make all the tandoori roti in the same way.
- Tandoori roti is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any Indian curry.
Leave a Reply