Veg Manchurian Masala Recipe- Veg Manchurian recipe or Vegetable Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese recipe, which is favorite among all youngsters nowadays and is the most popular Indian Street Food. Being ignorant of cooking method, people love to eat by purchasing from the market instead of cooking at home.
If you love gravy sabzi recipes then you will surely love these recipes: Palak Paneer kofta, Kadhai paneer, methi matar malai, gatte ki sabzi or paneer makhni, Paneer capsicum dry, Palak paneer, Paneer Butter Masala, etc.
Here is the Veg Manchurian recipe, which is very easy and can be cooked easily at home. It is made by making Kofta and If You know the method of making Kofta it will be ready in couple of minutes. The only thing is to work little hard in making gravy.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
To make Manchurian balls:
For conflour slury:
- 1 tsp cornflour & 1/8 cup water
For Manchurian balls:
- In a mixing bowl add all the chopped veggies (cabbage, carrot, French beans, cauliflower, and onion), grated ginger, chopped garlic, salt, black pepper, all purpose flour and cornflour. Mix it well.
- For binding I have used all purpose flour and cornflour.
- No need to add water because due to salt veggies will release water while mixing and you will get dough like mixture.
- Now take generous portion of veg mixture, press and roll in your palms and make small balls. Repeat the same process to make all the balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the balls on medium low flame till golden brown by turning occasionally. Do not over crowd the pan, fry in batches.( If you will fry on high flame then Manchurian balls will turn brown from outside and not get cooked form inside and if the oil will not hot then Manchurian balls will soak so much of oil or might get break.)
- Always fry Manchurian balls in medium hot oil; it takes around 3-4 minutes.
- Take them out on an absorbent paper so that excess oil gets absorbed. Keep aside and let’s start making sauce.
To make sauce:
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil becomes hot add ginger, garlic, chopped celery and sauté for few seconds or till it becomes light brown.
- Now add soya sauce, red chilly sauce, tomato ketchup, salt and pepper. Mix it well. As there is a salt in sauces so add salt accordingly.
- Add 1 or 11/4 cup of water and bring it to boil.
- For cornflour slury: Add cornflour in 1/8 cup of water and mix it well till no lumps.
- Once water starts boiling add cornflour slury gradually and keep on stirring to avoid lumps.
- Cook till gravy become slightly thick. It takes around 3-4 minutes to get fully cooked.
- Bring it to boil.
- Transfer Manchurian sauce into the serving bowl.
- Add the fried Manchurian balls just before serving otherwise it will become very soft.
- Garnish with spring onions green part and serve hot.
- It goes well with veg fried rice, veg hakka noodles, plain rice, Naan
See Recipe Video
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★